Once the application has loaded you are presented with the main screen which is divided into three parts.
At the top there are a series of drop down lists and combo boxes as well as four round buttons.
The middle section is blank until the generation process completes, but here will be displayed the physical traits or the personality quirks or the NPC's history.
- This allows you to chose the NPC's race. The 'R' button sets the race randomly. The NPC's race has an impact on the age of the NPC.
- Allows you to choose the gender of the NPC. The 'R' button sets this randomly.
- Age Range:
- You can chose the general age of the NPC, the actual age (and the maximum age) will be set when the character is generated. The age is dependant on the character's race and classs. The 'R' button sets this randomly.
- You can chose which class the NPC belongs to. The standard classes from the PHB and DMG are included but prestige classes aren't. The 'R' button sets this randomly.
The bottom section contains the buttons that select which aspect of the NPC is displayed:
- Show the Physical features of the NPC
- Show the NPC's personallity quirks
- Show the NPC's history, what has made them what they are today
- Generates the NPC
- Saves the current PC as a memo
- Exits izQuickNPC